Best Baton Rouge Festivals, Events and Mardi Gras
Like any large metro area there are a great deal of annual festivals and events in the Baton Rouge area. Most famous of course is Mardi Gras but there are also a host of wonderful festivals and annual events that are a must if you're here at the time. Baton Rouge is also a sprawling community so sometimes it can be hard to get hold of exactly what's going on. There are tons of wine, beer, arts, crafts and community festivals you might never hear about and live here all your life. We try to summarize them here.
You might notice many events listed on Best of Baton Rouge
are also events that take place in New Orleans
but this is because some events are worth driving to and are heavily advertised in Baton Rouge. Looking at a map you'll notice Baton Rouge is only about an hour away from all these major Louisiana
cities which makes it a great place to live. You have all these short drive options for fun!
If you're very interested in Louisiana and Cajun culture in and around Baton Rouge
then please check out Cajun Clarence's Cajun and Zydeco Schedule of Events
. It has everything mapped out for people interested in cajun music and culture. An excellent resource.
- BabelCon - Science fiction and science convention held annually in Baton Rouge. From Star Trek to Star Wars to Lost in Space they'll have it here.
- Baton Rouge 4th of July - Go and see the downtown star spangled celebration. It's held downtown at the USS Kid. Live music, fireworks, face painting, etc.
- Baton Rouge Blues Festival - The culmination of the celebration of the Blues in Baton Rouge. See great Blues musical acts.
- Baton Rouge Blues Week - For a week in April music lovers in Baton Rouge celebrate Blues through live performances. See More: Music Festivals
- Baton Rouge Christmas Parade - Come celebrate the reason for the season downtown.
- Baton Rouge Jewish Film Festival - An annual event to inspire, inform, and above all, entertain audiences through film centered on the Jewish people.
- Baton Rouge Uncorked - Enjoy a seasonal evening of wine tasting and sophisticated entertainment.
- Bayou Bash Recruiting Pary - Yearly event to announce new LSU football players signing.
- Bayou Country Superfest - Held in 2010 for the first time and coming again in 2011 it's a country music fan's dream. See More: Music Festivals
- BeerFest by Zapps - Baton Rouge has a beerfest! Every March enjoy a great festival with LSU and local brewers. See More: Beer Festivals
- Best Buddies of Louisiana Moveable Feast - An annual food and drink event held in the Mid-City Perkin's road area. Lots of wine, beer and food from Baton Rouge's finest restaurants. All for charity.
- Breaux Bridge Crawfish Festival - Great food and fun for the whole family. A must attend festival held yearly 30 minutes outside of Baton Rouge in historic Breaux Bridge.
- Carlotta Street Halloween Block Party - I think the name says it all. You must see this crazy event if possible. Costumes, booze and fun. Adults only!
- Community Center Carnival Parade - Louisiana's oldest Mardi Gras parade outside New Orleans. Held in New Roads just outside of Baton Rouge
Tuesday February 21, 2012 at 10am See More: Mardi Gras
- Crowne Plaza Hotel New Years Party - Huge yearly party to bring in the new year. See More: New Years Eve
- Downtown Hilton New Years Eve Gala - Overnight party package for couples to celebrate the new year. No longer going on as of 2009 See More: New Years Eve
- Father Daughter Sweetheart Dance - A yearly fundraiser event that allows fathers and their daughters to enjoy a special dance together. Pictures, corsages, boutonnieres, music, dancing. All proceeds to charity.
- FestForAll - Appreciate local art work, live music and fun for the whole family.
- Festival of Lights - Bringing in the Christmas season downtown.
- Festival of The Bonfires - Yearly bonfire event held outside of Baton Rouge
- Fete Rouge - A three day celebration of wine, fine food and Louisiana culture held every August.
- French Creole Christmas Candle Light Tour and Bonfire - BREC's yearly celebration at Magnolia Mound Plantation.
- Germanfest in Roberts Cove - A celebration of German culture. Of course this means beer and German style food which means I'm totally in. 2 days in October. See More: Beer Festivals
- Greater Baton Rouge State Fair - Yearly event with rides, live entertainment and fun for the whole family.
- Groovin on The Grounds - LSU yearly music event that's free to everyone. See More: Music Festivals
- Harvest Days at LSU Rural Life Museum - Held every October this event celebrates the fall and harvest days of Louisiana in the nineteenth century.
- Iron Brewer Festival 2013 - Try homebrewed beer for a cause benefiting the Greater Baton Rouge Food Bank. Held at Tin Roof on February 22, 2013.
- Krewe Of Artemis - All female Mardi Gras krewe running downtown.
Friday, February 10th, 2012 at 7pm See More: Mardi Gras
- Krewe of Jupiter Mardi Gras - Great yearly Mardi Gras crew rolling in downtown Baton Rouge.
Saturday, February 4th, 2012 at 6:00pm See More: Mardi Gras
- Krewe of Mutts - Yearly dog parade where lots of people dress their dogs up and have a Mardi Gras.
Sunday January 29, 2012 from 10am - 4pm See More: Mardi Gras
- Krewe of Mystique - Baton Rouge's oldest running Mardi Gras parade.
rnSaturday February 11, 2012 at 2pm See More: Mardi Gras
- Krewe of Orion - Mardi Gras parade running in Baton Rouge since 1998. Themed around the mythological hunter.
Saturday February 11, 2012 at 6:30 pm See More: Mardi Gras
- Krewe Of Poseidon - A fairly new parade with a theme is that of the sovereign of the seas.
Saturday February 18, 2012 at 4pm See More: Mardi Gras
- Krewe of Southdowns - Great Mardi Gras parade running in the middle city area.
Friday February 17, 2012 at 7pm See More: Mardi Gras
- Krewe Of St Amant Boat Parade - Laissez le bon temps rouler with this great yearly Mardi Gras event.
As of 2012 I don't know if they still have this parade. See More: Mardi Gras
- Krewe of Wrecks Mardi Gras Boat Parade - Held in Springfield, Louisiana this is a 20+ year old event. See More: Mardi Gras
- Live After Five - A weekly live music event put on in downtown Baton Rouge every Friday. Great way to start a weekend. See More: Music Festivals
- Louisiana Book Festival - A literary celebration fun for anyone.
- Louisiana Earth Day - Held in downtown Baton Rouge to celebrate the Earth. Live music, learning, fun and more.
- Louisiana Oktoberfest - A great festival celebrating the German festival right outside of Baton Rouge See More: Beer Festivals
- LSU Athletics BOOzar - Held annually this is a trick or treating event hosted by the LSU student athletes at the Fieldhouse.
- New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival - One of the biggest annual events in South Louisiana. So many Baton Rouge residents talk about and go to Jazzfest it feels like part of our city.
- Pennington Balloon Championship - Dozens of balloons fill our skies in August.
- Red Stick Animation Festival - A yearly opportunity for students, professionals and enthusiast to experience the world of animation. Sponsored by LSU
- Red Stick Classic - NPC Red Stick classic bodybuilding, figure and bikini competition. If you're in to fitness check this out.
- Sorrento Lions Club Boucherie Festival - For over 30 years now enjoy great food, cooking contests, live bands and a parade. Held every October in Sorrento.
- Spanish Town Parade - One of the most popular Mardi Gras parades in Baton Rouge. Rolls Saturday February 18, 2012 at noon See More: Mardi Gras
- St John The Evangelist Festival De La Prairie - A very fun festival held just outside of Baton Rouge every year in Prairieville.
- St Patrick's Day - A great time for the whole family in mid-city. Food, drinks and a parade!
- Sunday In The Park - Seasonal Fall & Spring music event on Sundays from noon until 3pm in Downtown Baton Rouge! See More: Music Festivals
- Swamp Pop Festival - Live Blues, Cajun and Zydeco music. Great food and a celebration of our south Louisiana culture. See More: Music Festivals
- Taste of Baton Rouge - A wine and dine event showcasing Baton Rouge in a sophisticated atmosphere.
- Taste of Tiger Tailgating - A taste of what LSU football tailgating is about.
- The Jambalaya Festival - Held 20 minutes from Baton Rouge in Gonzales. Great food, live music and rides.
- The Louisiana Renaissance Festival - One of the most entertaining events in the South. Food, fun, shopping and live entertainment you won't see anywhere else.
- The New Roads Lions Carnival parade - A great Mardi Gras parade right outside Baton Rouge in New Roads.
Rolls Tuesday February 21, 2012 at 10am See More: Mardi Gras
- Triple A New Years Eve Party - Dance the new year in. See More: New Years Eve
- Wine Walk Wednesday - A wine lovers version of a pub crawl every week in downtown Baton Rouge.