Baton Rouge Mardi Gras
When most people think Mardi Gras they're thinking about the wild times in the Big Easy. Most forget that Baton Rouge has it's own Mardi Gras season with huge floats, fancy balls and great times. Here are most of the Baton Rouge Mardi Gras parades and their times. Each Krewe has their own respective Mardi Gras balls and special events. Visit their pages for more complete information if you want to get involved.
- Community Center Carnival Parade - Louisiana's oldest Mardi Gras parade outside New Orleans. Held in New Roads just outside of Baton Rouge
Tuesday February 21, 2012 at 10am
- Krewe Of Artemis - All female Mardi Gras krewe running downtown.
Friday, February 10th, 2012 at 7pm
- Krewe of Jupiter Mardi Gras - Great yearly Mardi Gras crew rolling in downtown Baton Rouge.
Saturday, February 4th, 2012 at 6:00pm
- Krewe of Mutts - Yearly dog parade where lots of people dress their dogs up and have a Mardi Gras.
Sunday January 29, 2012 from 10am - 4pm
- Krewe of Mystique - Baton Rouge's oldest running Mardi Gras parade.
rnSaturday February 11, 2012 at 2pm
- Krewe of Orion - Mardi Gras parade running in Baton Rouge since 1998. Themed around the mythological hunter.
Saturday February 11, 2012 at 6:30 pm
- Krewe Of Poseidon - A fairly new parade with a theme is that of the sovereign of the seas.
Saturday February 18, 2012 at 4pm
- Krewe of Southdowns - Great Mardi Gras parade running in the middle city area.
Friday February 17, 2012 at 7pm
- Krewe Of St Amant Boat Parade - Laissez le bon temps rouler with this great yearly Mardi Gras event.
As of 2012 I don't know if they still have this parade.
- Krewe of Wrecks Mardi Gras Boat Parade - Held in Springfield, Louisiana this is a 20+ year old event.
- Spanish Town Parade - One of the most popular Mardi Gras parades in Baton Rouge. Rolls Saturday February 18, 2012 at noon
- The New Roads Lions Carnival parade - A great Mardi Gras parade right outside Baton Rouge in New Roads.
Rolls Tuesday February 21, 2012 at 10am