My Quick Picks
Personal Favorite Restaurant
Favorite Cajun Restaurants
Kevin's Cajun Cafe,
Favorite Creole Restaurant
Favorite Seafood Gumbo
Favorite Italian Restaurants
Best Mexican Restaurants
Best Asian Restaurants
Hunan's Chinese, Rama Thai
Fleur De Lis,
Louisiana Pizza Kitchen
Best Outdoor Atmosphere
Best Sushi Restaurant
Grilled & Raw Oysters
On The Half Shell
Latte e Miele
Best Poboy Restaurant
Greek & Lebanese Restaurant
Good BR Food Websites/Blogs:
Bite and Booze
We're always looking for other great Baton Rouge restaurants to make
our guide better. Send any suggestions, comments or questions through our
in general are famous for the wonderful cuisine. Anytime a visitor comes in from out of town the first thing they want to know is where to find all the Baton Rouge restaurants
to enjoy some of that food Louisiana is so famous for. Here in Baton Rouge we have restaurants featuring cuisine from all over the world. Whether its Jambalaya and Gumbo or a night of sushi and sake we've got something in Baton Rouge dining
you'll love. This is my guide to great restaurants in Baton Rouge. I try to keep the listings limited to locally owned gems, great franchises and only what we feel are exceptional chains. The writing style could be considered a restaurant reviews or blog style even since it's all from my experiences.
Keep in mind when using the guide that not all restaurants are found in the city of Baton Rouge. For instance we list a number of the great seafood restaurants that you'll find down on the Diversion Canal of the Livingston Parish and Ascension Parish border. Many Baton Rouge residents will drive that way to eat. For the most part we will keep restaurant suggestions limited to the metropolitan area going no further than 20 miles outside the city limits.
If you don't find what you want here you might consider reading Cajun Clarence's Restaurant Guide
. Clarence is another great Baton Rouge enthusiast who has great knowledge especially when it involves the words Cajun and Creole.
My Baton Rouge restaurant guide is pretty long with around 200 listings of great places in the area. I have put together a quick list of suggestions off the cuff which you can see to the left of this text. The links go to their pages. If I'm missing anything please go to this contact page and
send me a quick email letting me know what to add!
Best of Baton Rouge Restaurants
- 333 Bistreaux - Located in downtown Baton Rouge they offer fine dining right on 3rd street.
- A Taste of Asia - Offers unique dishes inspired by locations all over the Asian continent. Chinese, vietnamese, Thai, Japanese and more. See More: Asian Restaurants
- Ahuuas - Mexican restaurant located in the Shenandoah area. See More: Mexican Restaurants
- Albasha Greek and Lebanese - Serving great Greek and Lebanese cuisine. Several locations including Bluebonnet, Sherwood and Citiplace court
- American Mart - Appears to be a convenience store but it's got the best deli sandwiches and poboys in town.
- Amphorae Mediterranian Cuisine - Closed down. A new cajun restaurant is in that spot.
- Anthony's Italian Deli - Great small deli on Florida Blvd. Excellent Italian muffaletta, spaghetti and more. See More: Italian Restaurants
- Bay Leaf - An authentic Indian restaurant in the area of Sherwood Forest and Coursey. See More: Asian Restaurants
- Bellue's Cajun Cuisine - Serving up louisiana style food. They also sell a wide variety of frozen cajun food or deliver it to your door. See More: Louisiana Style, Creole and Cajun Restaurants
- Bergeron's Boudin and Cajun Meats - The name says it all. Fine quality cajun meats, boudin, tasso, hog head cheese, plate lunches and more. Worth the short drive to Port Allen. See More: Louisiana Style, Creole and Cajun Restaurants
- Bernadette's Restaurant - A very unique french fine dining experience. Reservation only, romantic and beautiful.
- Bistro Byronz - Great for a quick lunch or a relaxing dinner. New Orleans flair in Mid-City Baton Rouge. See More: Louisiana Style, Creole and Cajun Restaurants
- BJ's Brewhouse - They serve quality food , tasty craft beers in a casual, high energy atmosphere right next to the Mall of Louisiana.
- Bonefish Grill - A contemporary upbeat seafood restaurant with more of an international flavor. Located off Corporate in Towne Center.
- Boutin's Cajun Experience - Excellent cajun restaurant that also features live cajun music and cajun dancing. One of my favorite Baton Rouge restaurants for cajun food. See More: Louisiana Style, Creole and Cajun Restaurants
- Brunet's Cajun Restaurant - This restaurant is no longer open. Was a well known and loved cajun establishment with an excellent menu of cajun cuisine. See More: Louisiana Style, Creole and Cajun Restaurants
- Buffalo Wild Wings - A great wings restaurant we all know and love. Great place to watch sports.
- Burger Delight - Some of the best burgers served out of an old shack on Airline Highway between Gonzales and Prairieville.
- Bushwood BBQ Sandwiches - Great place to get BBQ sandwiches and that's all they sell. Check it out.
- Calendar's Restaurant And Bar - Great casual American dining spot from right here in Baton Rouge. Two locations.
- Capital City Grill - Louisiana style seafood entrees and all-american favorites. See More: Louisiana Style, Creole and Cajun Restaurants
- Casa Maria Mexican Restaurant - Nice casual family atmosphere and good margaritas. Several locations. See More: Mexican Restaurants
- Champps Americana - Beers, burgers and appetizers in the growing Towncenter plaza off Corporate Blvd.
- Charlie Brown's - Located in Prairieville on Airline this is an American style grill. Sports, Tv's, great food and drinks.
- Chee Burger Chee Burger - A 50s style diner that serves great burgers, fries, rings and shakes. I always get a good burger here.
- Cheesecake Bistro - Serving up the absolute best cheesecake creations as well as a wide variety of Bistro favorites and South Louisiana food.
- Cheesecake Bistro by Copelands - One of the most popular restaurants in town has taken their culinary innovation to the next level with a re-opening. See More: Louisiana Style, Creole and Cajun Restaurants
- Chicago Al's - Chicago style hotdogs and polish. Gourment and great tasting.
- China Kitchen - Looking for an inexpensive, tasty and fast Chinese fix in the Shennandoah area of South East Baton Rouge? Try China Kitchen for good take out. See More: Asian Restaurants
- City Cafe - One of Baton Rouge's best local corner restaurants located in the South East part of town. See More: Louisiana Style, Creole and Cajun Restaurants
- Copelands of Baton Rouge - Actually of New Orleans but in Baton Rouge. Unique New Orleans style cuisine. See More: Louisiana Style, Creole and Cajun Restaurants
- Cou-Yon's Cajun Bar-B-Q - Excellent just like Sunday at the park Bar-B-Q in Port Allen just 10 minutes drive from Essen lane.
- Counter Culture - Well known for thier tart and tangy frozen yogurt. They also serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. See More: Baton Rouge Frozen Yogurt Shops
- Coyote Blues - A fairly unique Southwestern style restaurant that's come to Baton Rouge From Lafayette. A different take on Mexican food. See More: Mexican Restaurants
- Curbside Burger - Curbside Burger sells some excellent gourmet burgers and sausages from a food truck in and around downtown Baton Rouge See More: Food Trucks
- DeAngelo's Casual Italian Dining - High quality Italian served in a casual environment. Locations all over the Baton Rouge metro area. Denham Springs and Prairieville. See More: Italian Restaurants
- Dempsey's Poboys - Serving up Louisiana style favorites. See More: Louisiana Style, Creole and Cajun Restaurants
- DiGiulio Brothers - Situated in the mid-city Perkins road area this is an absolutely excellent Italian restaurant. See More: Italian Restaurants
- Dingo's Australian Restaurant - A trendy and casual restaurant offering dishes with an Aussie flair.
- Doe's Eat Place - Choice cuts of high quality steaks served by the pound. Comfortable family friendly casual atmosphere. For when you want a great steak and a relaxing evening. See More: Steakhouses
- Drunken Fish - Offers Japanese and Vietnamese cuisine right near LSU. See More: Sushi and Japanese
- Drusilla Seafood - Southern hospitality and Louisiana style seafood, steaks and cajun creations. See More: Louisiana Style, Creole and Cajun Restaurants
- Duang Tawan Thai Cuisine - Offers a wonderful menu of fresh and flavorful Thai cuisine and a solid sushi selection. See More: Asian Restaurants
- Five Guys - A US burger franchise with a location on Corporate Blvd in Towne Center. Pretty good fast burgers and fries.
- Flemmings Steakhouse Baton Rouge - Contemporary fine dining. Fine selection of first class steaks and wine. See More: Steakhouses
- Fleur De Lis Pizza - The absolute best pizza in town. A long time Baton Rouge tradition located in mid-city on Government Street. Lots of character.
- Frankie's Dawg House - As serious as a hot dog can get! Frankie's serves up dozens of different takes on the hot dog. Chicago, chili cheese, Duck, Alligator, Kobe Steak Sausage, Deer, Rabbit, Buffalo and much more.
- French Market Bistro - The art of fine food near the Country Club of Louisiana on HIghland Road. Louisiana style cuisine. See More: Louisiana Style, Creole and Cajun Restaurants
- George's Restaurants - With four locations spread across town Georges serves up absolutely excellent Poboys, sandwiches, and more.
- Gino's Italian Restaurant - Family owned and operated upscale Italian dining. Romantic atmosphere, authentic cuisine. See More: Italian Restaurants
- Goodwood Grill - Located right by Woman's hospital this place is great for lunch or a meal if in the area. Poboys, plates, salads and seafood.
- Griffin Grill - Located just out of Baton Rouge on the way to New Orleans on I-10 in Dutchtown. Great hamburgers, fries and shakes.
- Harrington's Cafe - An excellent Louisiana style cafe serving lunches to Downtown Baton Rouge. See More: Louisiana Style, Creole and Cajun Restaurants
- Hello Sushi - Great japanese restaurant with an upbeat contemporary atmosphere. See More: Sushi and Japanese
- Hill Top Inn - Hidden out on the Diversion Canal in nearby Maurepas in Livingston parish it's great for Louisiana style dishes. See More: Louisiana Style, Creole and Cajun Restaurants
- Hunan Chinese Restaurant - Excellent Chinese food and buffet at lunch. Voted one of the top 100 chinese restaurants in the USA. We say it's #1 in Baton Rouge. See More: Asian Restaurants
- Ichiban Sushi and Japanese Grill - Serving up great sushi, hibachi and other Japanese dishes. See More: Sushi and Japanese
- India's Restaurant - Offers an excellent Indian style cuisine offering in Baton Rouge. Really good buffet offered daily. See More: Asian Restaurants
- Isabella's Pizzeria - An excelllent pizza and Italian restaurant that makes their own ingredients. Very unique and tasty. See More: Italian Restaurants
- Izzo's Illegal Burrito - A build your own style mexican restaurant where you can get monster burritos, nachos and quesadillas. Several locations across town. See More: Mexican Restaurants
- J. Alexander's - A contemporary American style restaurant with great food and service.
- Jasmines On the Bayou - Just take a look at their menu and the Louisiana style flavor will pop out at you. Great food in the Shenandoah area. See More: Louisiana Style, Creole and Cajun Restaurants
- Jay's BBQ - Jay's has decent food but great family atmosphere which has kept them in business for over 3 decades.
- Johnny D's New York Pizza Kitchen - Closed. See More: Italian Restaurants
- Jones Creek Cafe - A great local restaurant and oyster bar serving Louisiana style steak, seafood and other cuisine.
- Juban's Creole Dining - A very fine Creole dining experience. One of the must visit venues in Baton Rouge. See More: Louisiana Style, Creole and Cajun Restaurants
- Kamado's Sushi - Enjoy excellent Sushi and Hibachi grill See More: Sushi and Japanese
- Kaminari Hibachi and Sushi - A very good buffet style restaurant serving the hungry masses right outside LSU on at the North Gates. See More: Sushi and Japanese
- Kevin's Cajun Seafood - Excellent seafood restaurant out in Maurpas on the Diversion Canal. Easily one of the best in South Louisiana. See More: Louisiana Style, Creole and Cajun Restaurants
- Koi Japanese Restaurant - Serves high quality sushi and japanese style dishes at a college student prices at the North Gates of LSU. See More: Sushi and Japanese
- La Carreta - Authentic mexican cuisine located in mid-city on Government street. Nice open layout and outside patio. See More: Mexican Restaurants
- La Reyna - An excellent Central American restaurant. Honduran dishes unlike any you'll find elsewhere in Baton Rogue.
- Las Palmas - Good casual atmosphere and good Mexican food. See More: Mexican Restaurants
- Le Creole Baton Rouge - An upscale cajun/creole style dining experience in South East Baton Rouge. See More: Louisiana Style, Creole and Cajun Restaurants
- Los Sombreros Mexican - If you ever find yourself in Walker Louisiana they're a good choice for Mexican. No Margaritas though because it's walker! See More: Mexican Restaurants
- Louisiana Lagniappe - A little something extra. A local favorite for Louisiana style cajun creations, wine and dining. See More: Louisiana Style, Creole and Cajun Restaurants
- Louisiana Pizza Kitchen - Pizza cooked over wood fires. See More: Italian Restaurants
- Lucy's Retired Surfer's Bar And Grill - Really relaxed bar and grill with a beach feel located on 3rd street in downtown Baton Rouge.
- Maggio's Delicatessen and Catering - Mark Maggio is a well known local chef who's been serving excellent Italian and Louisiana style food for 30 years. See More: Italian Restaurants
- Mansurs On The Boulevard - Upscale bar and grill with original Louisiana style food.
- Mason's Grill - Champagne brunch on weekends. Great Louisiana style seafood, BBQ and original creations. We think it's the best of Baton Rouge Restaurants for breakfast.
- Mellow Mushroom - A pizza and calzone restaurant in LSU's Tigerland area. Great food, atmosphere and fun. See More: Italian Restaurants
- Menchies Frozen Yogurt - I really enjoy the Mall of Louisiana location of Menchies. Fun area. See More: Baton Rouge Frozen Yogurt Shops
- Mi Padres - Mexican Grill and Cantina. Great tortillas that they make in house. See More: Mexican Restaurants
- Mike Anderson's Seafood - Features a wide variety of Louisiana style seafood creations and steaks. See More: Louisiana Style, Creole and Cajun Restaurants
- Monjunis Italian Restaurant - Serving up great Italian style dishes and groceries. See More: Italian Restaurants
- Mr Taco Authentic Mexican Food - Authentic as it gets Mexican style soft tacos for lunch and breakfast! See More: Mexican Restaurants
- Nagoya Japanese Seafood Buffet - Wide variety of sushi and japanese style dishes at a great price. See More: Sushi and Japanese
- New York Bagel Company - Serves up realy good gourmet bagels and bagel sandwiches. 2 locations on Lee and Jefferson.
- Niche Bar and Grill - Enjoy great food and cheer for your favorite team on Seigen lane at Niche.
- Ninfa's - Excellent Mexican restaurant located near College drive and I-10. Cozy atmosphere and excellent margaritas. See More: Mexican Restaurants
- O-Ya-Ya's - Serving up some tasty soups, salads and sandwiches in Southeast Baton Rouge. Beautiful outdoor courtyard for dining.
- On The Half Shell - Features great grilled oysters, seafood and Cajun dishes. See More: Louisiana Style, Creole and Cajun Restaurants
- Original Dearman's Soda Shop - Old time hamburger joint with great taste and tradition. Been in town for 50+ years.
- Parrain's Seafood Restaurant - Serving up Louisiana style seafood creations. Experience the great tastes of South Louisiana in mid-city. See More: Louisiana Style, Creole and Cajun Restaurants
- Pastime Restaurant and Lounge - A long time Baton Rouge tradition located in downtown.
- PF Chang's China Bistro - A large chain Chinese restaurant located in front Town Center shopping area. Big hit locally they feature a great bar and upbeat atmosphere. See More: Asian Restaurants
- Pimanyoli's Sidewalk Cafe - Puts Memphis to shame with the quality of smoked, bbq and grilled food they serve. Excellent tamales.
- Pinetta's European Restaurant - Pinetta's European restaurant is one of those really rare places that's hard to find. German, Turkish and Italian food in a dim lit atmosphere. See More: Italian Restaurants
- Pluckers Wing Bar - A really cool restaurant right by LSU. Enjoy drink specials, chicken wings and fun.
- Pocorello's Casa D'Italia - Authentic Italian restaurant located on Coursey. So good they're successful without taking credit cards. See More: Italian Restaurants
- Portobello's Italian Grill - Serves up classic Italian dishes in a cool and comfortable atmosphere. See More: Italian Restaurants
- Primo's Steakhouse - Enjoy the finest cuts of steak available in a beautiful fine dining experience. See More: Steakhouses
- Raising Cane's Chicken Fingers - Serving up fresh and never frozen chicken fingers, excellent sauces and fries. Founded right here in Baton Rouge.
- Riverside Patty - A locally popular burger joint that claims to have the best burgers in town. Possibly a valid claim with locations on Siegen and Downtown.
- Rocco's Poboys - A new orleans style restaurant that specializes in creating the perfect poboy. See More: Louisiana Style, Creole and Cajun Restaurants
- Roma Pizza Prairieville - Fantastic New York Style pizza, calzones and sandwiches. Very friendly little gem in Prairieville. See More: Italian Restaurants
- Roman's Cafe - An outstanding mediterranean restaurant with a number of locations.
- Ronnie's Ribs - An awesome little authentic Jamaican rib joint hidden off Jones Creek road in South East Baton Rouge. Great authentic food.
- Rotolo's Pizzeria - Best delivery pizza and calzones in town. Awesome lunch specials. See More: Italian Restaurants
- Ruffino's Italian Restaurant - One of the finest places to dine Italian in Baton Rouge. See More: Italian Restaurants
- Ruth's Chris Baton Rouge - A first class steakhouse that's a long time favorite of Baton Rouge residents. See More: Steakhouses
- Sakura Sushi Restaurant - Offers a wide variety of traditional and fusion Japanese dishes. See More: Sushi and Japanese
- Sammy's Grill - A long time Baton Rouge favorite. Excellent boiled seafood and Louisiana style dishes. See More: Louisiana Style, Creole and Cajun Restaurants
- Serop's Lebanese Cafe - Tasty Mediterranean food with several locations.
- Serrano's Salsa Company - Really good Mexican place at South gates of LSU. See More: Mexican Restaurants
- South Of Philly - Get an authentic Philadelphia cheese steak in Baton Rouge at this great restaurant.
- Splendido Frozen Yogurt Baton Rouge - Great frozen treats for people living in the LSU area on Highland road. See More: Baton Rouge Frozen Yogurt Shops
- Sullivan's Steakhouse - Professionally staffed steakhouse. One of the best places in Baton Rouge for pleasure or business.
- Superior Grill - One of the more popular restaurants in town. Excellent Mexican style food and service. See More: Mexican Restaurants
- Sushi Yama - Fresh tasty sushi with their own unique twists you won't find anywhere else in town. See More: Sushi and Japanese
- Taco Boudreaux - Mexican and Louisiana fusion located on Sherwood Forest near I-12. Interesting atmosphere. Very unique food. See More: Louisiana Style, Creole and Cajun Restaurants
- Taco de Paco - Delicious tacos are right outside gift-wrapped in a bright orange truck. Taco de Paco delivers great food all over Baton Rouge. See More: Food Trucks
- Taiko Japanese Restaurant - Sushi, hibachi and steakhouse offerings in South Baton Rouge on Airline near Prairieville. Great location See More: Sushi and Japanese
- Tasty Casian Cajun - Located on Essen lane they offer Vietnamese and American food. Great place to get a quick bite during lunch. See More: Asian Restaurants
- Texas De Brazil - A Brazilian style steakhouse that people in Baton Rouge absolutely love. Best salad bar in town. See More: Steakhouses
- Thai Chili - An excellent small Asian restaurant hidden away on Coursey Blvd by Wal-Mart market. Excellent Thai style cuisine as well as vietnamese soup bowls. See More: Asian Restaurants
- Thai Pepper - A modest but very tasty Thai restaurant serving a good buffet on Florida blvd. See More: Asian Restaurants
- The Chimes - The Original restaurant right outside of LSU's north gates. See More: Louisiana Style, Creole and Cajun Restaurants
- The Chimes East - A great tap room and restaurant in the South East area of Baton Rouge. See More: Louisiana Style, Creole and Cajun Restaurants
- The Cove Hawaiian Grill - Inspired by the eclectic flavors of the Hawaiian Islands. Casual environment, great food.
- The Cuban Connection - One of our late 2011 additions to the food truck explosion in Baton Rouge is the Cuban Connection serving hot pressed Cuban style sandwiches. See More: Food Trucks
- The Great Wall - A very popular Chinese spot on College drive in the mid-city area. Great buffet and great regular menu. See More: Asian Restaurants
- The Little Village - A great Italian restaurant located in downtown Baton Rouge a block from the Mississippi river. See More: Italian Restaurants
- The Melting Pot - A fun fondue restaurant located on Corporate.
- Times Bar and Grill - Pretty good hamburger menu and a great daily drink special.
- TJ Ribs - An extremely good BBQ restaurant best known for their ribs. Locations on Acadian Thruway and Seigen lane.
- Tokyo Cafe - Great sushi, steaks and hibachi grill. See More: Sushi and Japanese
- Tommy's Fish House - A great seafood market and restaurant. Some of the best boiled seafood in South Baton Rouge. See More: Louisiana Style, Creole and Cajun Restaurants
- Tony's Seafood - Well known for their excellent Louisiana seafood. Especially boiled and live crawfish, crabs and shrimp. See More: Louisiana Style, Creole and Cajun Restaurants
- Tsunami's Sushi Restaurant - Sushi and Japanese food with a great view. Easily one of the coolest places to hang out in Baton Rouge especially on a beautiful day. Located in downtown. See More: Sushi and Japanese
- Tutti Frutti Frozen Yogurt - Offers healthy, tart and tasty frozen yogurt dozens of flavors. Pour your own yogurt, select your own toppings and pay by the ounce. Very cool concept See More: Baton Rouge Frozen Yogurt Shops
- Uncle E's Wings and Things - Serves up some extremely tasty chicken wings, burgers and sides on Florida Blvd near Airline. Great stuff.
- Uncle O's - Some of the best seafood in town. Also probably the best lunch specials in town. See More: Louisiana Style, Creole and Cajun Restaurants
- Val's Marina - The freshest Louisiana style restaurant in the most authentic setting you'll find in the heart of Livingston parish. See More: Louisiana Style, Creole and Cajun Restaurants
- Vic's Chophouse - Creole style restaurant with a focus on great steaks and meats. See More: Steakhouses
- Voodoo BBQ and Grill - All of your favorite BBQ treats served up Voodoo style.
- Wag's On The Levee - Baton Rouge's soul and southern cooking food situated in the heart of downtown on 3rd street.
- Wahada Sushi - Sushi restaurant located near LSU on Nicholson. See More: Sushi and Japanese
- Waka House - Excellent Japanese restaurant and sushi bar. See More: Sushi and Japanese
- Walk On's Bistreaux and Bar - Enjoy great food, great drinks and LSU sports. Located near the LSU Golf course in the shadows of Tiger Stadium.
- Walk On's Coursey - Located at the corner of Sherwood and Coursey this is another all LSU, all Louisiana restaurant just like the original.
- Wayne's BBQ - Friendly local style restaurant located in the heart of Livingston Parish.
- Zea Rotisserie Grill - Excellent New Orleans style restaurant situated in Town Center. See More: Louisiana Style, Creole and Cajun Restaurants
- Zeeland Street Market - Some great plate lunches in mid city Baton Rouge near LSU. Also serves an excellent breakfast.
- Zippy's Mexican - A quick fast mexican grill you can stop in to get some tacos, burritos, quesadillas, etc. See More: Mexican Restaurants